Director Quality Assurance
- Columbus, OH
Leading Multi-Million Dollar Manufacturer
If you are a visionary/strategic Quality Assurance professional and have a track record of successfully developing and implementing state of the art Six Sigma Lean methodologies, along with developing and leading a team; If you are looking to be part of a growing, fast paced and challenging environment ----then read on.
Started in 1966, my client has been the leader for more than 40 years in their market. Their innovative systems and proprietary equipment are ideally suited for high volume production while maintaining tight tolerances and consistent quality
This position is with an $85+ MM Company that in 4 short years has seen 70% growth and on target to be $100MM in very short order, and will function as part of the key management team.
This NEWLY CREATED position will be part of the core leadership team to implement best practices in quality assurance and overall quality improvement to the organization. This position is in a multi-plant environment where strategic issues are as important as tactical issues. While a background with large structured corporations where this candidate has learned and implemented such systems is a good foundation, this candidate must show proven experience in working with medium sized MANUFACTURING firms having helped them grow from mid 8 figure sales to low 9 figure sales where the broad resources of a very large organization are not available. Further, it is vital that you have a proven background in dealing directly with production personnel along with manufacturing, engineering and management individuals.
The successful candidate for this position must have “hands-on” responsibility for and, attest to a successful track record of accomplishments in: :
- Multi-Plant experience
- Implementation of the latest Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Multi-faceted progression throughout the organization as a Change agent
- Expertise in DMAIC, DOE, SPC, FMEA, 8D, RCA, etc.
- Development and implementation of Employee Training programs as they align with Quality best practices
- External contact with customers, collaboration and team vision for the company
- Strategic planning capability to look at the next 3-5 years and ensure they are trained in the best practices
- Previously having worked on the floor (not from the office level)
- Scrap rate reduction
- Ø Bachelor’s degree
- Ø Must be from an industrial manufacturing environment
- Ø Must have 10-12 years documented successful experience
- Ø Strategic planning
- Proven understanding of business needs, risks and organizational dynamics as well as their implications in developing alternate plans and choices.
- Ø Masters or ASQ Certifications a plus (CQE, CQA or related)
- Ø Six Sigma Certification a plus (SSMBB, SSBB or related)
- Ø While experience from non-manufacturing environments may be valuable (they are not applicable to this assignment) e.g., retail, business consulting, hospitality, education, public sector/government, military. Direct manufacturing experience is an absolute must.
- Ø The perfect candidate will probably earned his/her credentials inside the organization of medium to large well structured well managed corporations, they must show recent experience applying that knowledge to a more modest seven figure company where they were instrumental in helping that company grow significantly.
Compensation & Benefits:
You'll be a key member of the technical team and will be rewarded with an excellent salary that is based on your experience, knowledge, ability and potential... in addition to exceptional benefits.
To be immediately and seriously considered for this outstanding career opportunity, send your resume in assured confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.