Bilingual Registered Nurse
- Dallas, TX
Expedient Home Health is a dedicated group of health care professionals committed to improving the lives of our patients. We do this through teamwork and by providing quality care in nursing and therapy services to enable patients to stay in their homes, offering them a level of independence they may not otherwise have. Share in our success and email your resume to HR@ExpedientHHC.com today!
Expedient sets itself apart in the home health industry in many ways. Three key components are therapy services, continuing education and compliance. We offer a full range of physical, occupational and speech therapy using evidence-based pathways to ensure the most appropriate care is delivered. We believe that we have a responsibility as an agency to help our staff remain on the forefront of care techniques and cutting edge technology. Expedient also strives to stay ahead of compliance changes. We are CMS Medicare ready and have staff dedicated to managing change to keep up with regulations.
Reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, this licensed, compassionate and technically savvy individual delivers the best possible patient care by assessing patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration is required. May include advance practice nursing by RNs who have specialized formal, post-basic education and who function in highly autonomous and specialized roles.
- Assess Home health patients to identify the physical psychosocial and environmental needs by documentation, clinical record, case conference team report and evaluations.
- Develop, implement, and document the plan of care ensuring quality and continuity of care.
- Observe infection control measures protecting both patient, and staff (OSHA).
- Monitor vital signs, diet, physical activity, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions as appropriate
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports, records and submit complete reports in a timely fashion
- Order, interpret, evaluate report/ results of diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ condition
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, modify patient care plans as needed and ensure compliance with requirements of third party payor
- Collaborate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, evaluate effectiveness of interventions and modify patient care plans as needed
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health improvement programs
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations tests and treatments
- Provide skills necessary to perform treatment and procedures according to agency policy in the home setting
- Administer medications, recommend drugs, medical devices or other forms of treatment, such as physical occupational or speech therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
- Provide effective communication to patient, family, team members and other healthcare professionals
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency
- Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to patients and families as assigned
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care
Soft Skill Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Compassionate and caring attitude and the ability to deal with people from a wide range of backgrounds, ages and temperament.
- Ability to use discretion concerning sensitive information and adhere to HIPAA.
- Ability to work on own initiative within clearly defined parameters.
- Ability to carry out designated tasks including reporting outcome of actions taken.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Team player with good organizational and time-management skills.
- Easily adapts to changes in workload
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
All candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.