Home Health Aide or CNA
- Lewisville, TX
Expedient Home Health is a dedicated group of health care professionals committed to improving the lives of our patients. We do this through teamwork and by providing quality care in nursing and therapy services to enable patients to stay in their homes, offering them a level of independence they may not otherwise have. Share in our success and email your resume to HR@ExpedientHHC.com today!
Expedient sets itself apart in the home health industry in many ways. Three key components are therapy services, continuing education and compliance. We offer a full range of physical, occupational and speech therapy using evidence-based pathways to ensure the most appropriate care is delivered. We believe that we have a responsibility as an agency to help our staff remain on the forefront of care techniques and cutting edge technology. Expedient also strives to stay ahead of compliance changes. We are CMS Medicare ready and have staff dedicated to managing change to keep up with regulations.
Reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, this certified, compassionate and technically savvy individual delivers the best possible patient care by providing routine, personal healthcare, such as bathing, dressing, or grooming, to elderly, convalescent, or disabled persons in the home of patients.
- Under the direction of a qualified clinician assist in identifying the patient’s physical, psychosocial and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report and evaluations
- Provide patient care following established Plan of Care, utilizing infection control measures that protect both patient/staff and deliver care, observing patient’s rights, maintaining patient privacy and dignity.
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members and other healthcare professionals sharing pertinent information that may affect Plan of Care
- Participate in planning, implementing care in conjunction with the RN and according to the care plan
- Assure continuity of care through delivery of quality care
- Remain HIPAA Compliant in all situations referring to your supervisor as needed
- Provide and continue to develop skills necessary to perform treatments and procedures according to agency policy
- Ensure all paperwork is completed, is accurate and is submitted in a timely manner in accordance with agency policy and compliance regulations
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency by attending a minimum if 12 hours of in-services per year
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care
Soft Skill Requirements
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Compassionate and caring attitude and the ability to deal with people from a wide range of backgrounds, ages and temperament.
- Ability to use discretion concerning sensitive information and adhere to HIPAA.
- Ability to work on own initiative within clearly defined parameters.
- Ability to carry out designated tasks including reporting outcome of actions taken.
- Adapts easily to changes in work assignments
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
Education and Experience
- HHA Certification
- 2+ years of experience dealing with disabled or elder care
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications and reporting requirements
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Experience using necessary equipment (i.e. footboards, bed lifters, enema equipment, bed cradles, glucometers, ice caps and ice collars, TENS, urinalysis test strips)
All candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.