Python / Cloud / AWS Developer (competitive salary with stock options)
- London, United Kingdom
Python / Cloud / AWS Developer (competitive salary with generous stock options)
Expend is a FinTech payments company innovating within the financial services sector with an innovative new product in the financial services sector. We simplify the annoying company expenses process with a smart solution, built using cutting-edge technology with a side of creativity. We’re ambitious, with multiple targets and objectives, and our first challenge is to revolutionise business expenses.
Expend saves time, hassle and money, giving companies a new level of expense automation and efficient control over budgets and employee spending.
We are working within a huge sector mainly dominated by big companies using outdated approaches. It is in massive need of change and we aim to revolutionise the industry. We provide mobile, online, card and payment products as part of an intuitive solution with unique functionality.
We integrate and form partnerships with numerous financial and service companies, many of which you will know.
We are looking for talented Python / Cloud / AWS developers to join our team in our dynamic office space in the heart of Shoreditch, London. You will be using your knowledge to help build the Expend product, working across various disciplines, including security, accountancy and financial systems.
The role encompasses the following:
- Working alongside the Expend team (currently 7 strong and growing) to help build and improve our core transaction and backend systems which are at the heart of our service (this involves REST APIs and Microservices)
- Actively contributing to the open source community whenever possible
- Other suitable work dependant on skills
- You will have the opportunity to work within a talented team alongside experienced engineers.
- Proficient in Python and cloud technologies
- Writes reliable code
- Experience with Docker and Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of Databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Experience and understanding the necessity for testing your code at all stages of development
- Understanding tradeoffs between unit, integration and system testing and embracing continuous product delivery
- Security conscious
- Experience with Git and code review based workflows
- Confident in releasing production code many times a day
- Appreciation for modern Agile development using Scrum
- Understanding of the long-term benefits coming from fully automated development and release workflows
- Devoted to writing elegant and functional code
- Constantly improving system visibility and traceability by instrumenting the code and writing appropriate ops tools
- Strong communication skills and punctuality
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Proficiency in English with the right to work in the UK
- And most importantly: A passion for creating products that people love to use!
- Experience with Erlang, Terraform, HashiCorp tools and Python asynchronous programming using Asyncio
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Values contributing to the open-source community
This is an opportunity to be part of a talented and ambitious team with generous stock options, offering both a fulfilling role and potential for strong rewards as the company grows.
Finally, we are a friendly company, and we aim to create enjoyable work environment with work that is challenging but rewarding.
If you think you would be a valuable addition to our team and wish to explore this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Expend Team
P.s. We’re releasing our latest product very soon - visit us at www.expend.io