FLM specializes in the business of agriculture and the life of rural communities. Yes, we’re a strategic marketing and communications company. And yes, the FLM team represents the best and brightest to ensure a collaborative, contemporary, multi-faceted and on-target approach in everything we do.
But what really separates us from the rest is our raw passion to produce the absolute best work possible and to get involved in what really matters. We are driven, not only by working with our clients to propel continuous success and far-reaching results, but also by never losing sight of the meaning behind our work.
The Art Director (AD) is a critical position within the organization. FLM+ subscribes to a client-centric, matrix structure where teamwork and collaboration is strongly emphasized.. Working closely with the Creative Director (CD), the AD will complete a variety of operational tasks, based on the assignments and accountabilities derived from client projects and assignments. The position performs a variety of duties centered on ensuring that project tasks and assignments are completed with accuracy, quality and on time. Based on client needs and requirements. To this end, the Art Director will:
- Create the visual expression of the client’s brand and it’s sub-brands in trend-right customer experience solutions
- Leverage design process by interpreting the creative brief from concept creation through design refinement by way of hands-on creative design
- Develop concepts and layouts, collaborating with copywriters and other creatives to produce quality work under frequently tight deadlines.
- Art direct through final layouts; working closely with Production Artist.
- Travel to and attend photo shoots, video shoots and all post-production processes.
- Present ideas and work to team and/or senior creative personnel as well as clients
- Possess a spectrum of design skills; interactive design is a plus
- Propose creative concepts and execute via informed client needs. Drive innovative and inspired experiences by applying current trends, particularly as it relates to graphics from concept to completion
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, trends and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative solutions that meet business strategies
- Assure that creative recommendations meet strategic needs
- Independently provide timely and clear solutions, incorporating feedback as appropriate
- Proactively share ideas with peers, participate in creative brainstorming sessions, and document design phases for internal partners and clients
- Respond promptly to partner requests and take personal responsibility to deliver, strong, compelling results within time, scope and budget
- Consolidate and share work with the Creative Director regularly for feedback and approval within prescribed timelines
- Strong, flexible communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work across multiple product categories to ensure needs are met for both internal partners and external clients
The position requires
- H.S. diploma or equivalent and 3 years' experience OR Associate's degree and 2 years' experience in graphic design, visual communications, production, technology design or related area; OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in graphic design, visual communications, production, technology design or related area and no experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Basic understanding of printing processes, photography, illustration, typography and interactive media
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Online portfolio that demonstrates a range of ideas including social, print and beyond
- Intermediate knowledge of graphic design and art direction
- Intermediate understanding and proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Fundamental ability to focus on customer needs
- Fundamental business and functional acumen
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.