- Wayzata, MN
FLM specializes in the business of agriculture and the life of rural communities. Yes, we’re a strategic marketing and communications company. And yes, the FLM team represents the best and brightest to ensure a collaborative, contemporary, multi-faceted and on-target approach in everything we do.
But what really separates us from the rest is our raw passion to produce the absolute best work possible and to get involved in what really matters. We are driven, not only by working with our clients to propel continuous success and far-reaching results, but also by never losing sight of the meaning behind our work.
The Interactive Designer (ID) is a critical position within the organization. FLM+ subscribes to a client-centric, matrix structure where teamwork and collaboration is strongly emphasized. Under the direction of the SVP, Digital Services and Creative Director, the Interactive Designer will work with the Interactive team (Account, UX, and internal and external Development partners) to design interactive and digital projects, bringing their passion for all things digital into lively and impacting solutions that enhance client campaigns.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop visual expression for interactive projects; applying brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, trends and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative solutions that meet business strategies
- Work with Account team, UX and Development teams to understand and translate client and project requirements into a current, engaging and useful user interface that meets the client’s strategic needs
- Present ideas and work with team and/or senior creative personnel as well as clients
- Art direct and design through final comps
- Assist in the QA process and issue resolution as appropriate
- Provides updates to project progress, notifying all appropriate parties
- Records time and expenses daily to appropriate projects in Workamajig
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent understanding of user experience, information architecture and web-based technologies to implement interactive solutions across multiple platforms
- Online portfolio that demonstrates a range of ideas, including social media and current trends and technologies
- Intermediate understanding and proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of front end programming languages a plus
- Understanding of CMS, such as WordPress and Drupal
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both written and oral
- Fundamental business and functional acumen
- Ability to work collaboratively within a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Agency experience a plus
- Must have strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to take direction well and follow established procedures
- Self-motivated and reliable
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 years’ experience OR Associate’s degree and 2 years’ experience in graphic design, visual communications, production, technology design or related area; OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in graphic design, visual communications, production, technology design or related area and no experience; OR
- At least 3-5 years experience in interactive design
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.