User Experience - Chicago
Organization: Technology Growth Platform
Technology Growth Platform (TGP) offers a full range of global delivery services-including enterprise solutions, system integration, technical architectures, business intelligence, infrastructure consulting, and technology research/development.
User Experience Specialist will assist the application design team with gathering functional and user requirements, creating user profiles and scenarios, planning and executing focus groups, and user interviews. They will lead the design of the information architecture and user interface, planning and execution of usability tests, developing UI prototypes, and documenting user interface design standards and guidelines. Their responsibilities also include communicating user centered design objectives and goals to client executives and other development teams, and mentoring junior team members on user centered design principles and processes.
Key Responsibilities may include:
· Conduct front end analysis, interviewing, focus groups, requirements gathering
· Use storyboarding, user scenario development, high-level use case definition, user and task analysis, to capture and develop user requirements and integrate elements into user interaction designs.
· Create, evaluate, and modify high and low-fidelity prototypes to support development process. Facilitate iterative testing of prototypes.
· Design highly usable interfaces for multiple channels - Internet, handheld PDA, tablet PC, and touch screen kiosks, etc.
· Design and develop usability testing plans
· Minimum of 3 years experience with User Interface Design and Usability
· Minimum of 3 years experience in user research techniques such as usability testing, contextual inquiries and focus groups
· Minimum of 2 years experience with Rapid Prototyping
· Minimum of 2 years with executing IA of complex transactional interfaces and taxonomies
· Minimum of 3 years with appropriate tools including Axure, Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, etc., as well as the entire Microsoft Office suite.
· Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
· Preferable degree in related discipline: Human Factors, HCI, ID and Computer Science with specialty in User Interface Design, Graphical Design or equivalent
· Demonstrated ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
· Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
· Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously.
· Fluency in web accessibility and compliance
· Skilled in user & task analysis, user research techniques, storyboarding, information architecture and wireframing
· Demonstrate written and oral communications skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong communication and conceptual skills
· Proficient at project management skills (e.g. project planning and estimating)
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines