QA Performance Test Consultant - Phoenix
- Phoenix, AZ
One of FTR's Client's is searching for a QA Performance Test Consultant - Phoenix
With over 30 years of experience FTR has the background to provide all your Staffing and Recruiting Needs. Whether you are looking for Contract/Temporary Professionals to provide expertise for a project, or just to get you through a busy time, or you need Permanent/Direct Placement personnel FTR can assist.
QA Performance Test Consultants - Location Negotiable +-00174538
Organization: Systems Integration & Technology - Testing
Travel: 80% (Monday - Friday)
If you join our client you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at our client and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Our client's Consulting workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Working as a consultant with our client, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high performance businesses. Consultants must be professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, and organizational change. Finally, consultants also need to have a working knowledge of the industry and/or the functional areas they serve.
The Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
Performance Testing professionals utilize our client delivery assets to plan and implement various system testing and quality assurance initiatives for clients to ensure solution quality before and after deployment.
A Performance Test Engineer / Team Lead plays a project leadership role in the planning, design, scripting, execution, and analysis of various performance tests of software applications. He/she applies functional knowledge and technical expertise to deliver performance testing projects, implementation of configuration changes for client applications, and other maintenance of software applications to meet business process requirements. He/she has some oversight responsibility for the technology solution and assists in the development of the team. This is a client facing consulting role.
Key responsibilities may include:
· Scripting, Executing, and Analyzing performance tests and solutions through business, functional and technical expertise
· Implementing all actions required to deploy an application performance test, including test environment configuration, test tool setup and configuration, and test data management
· Designing, coding and testing of program modules
· Implementation of the technical testing infrastructure
· Integrating technical and application components
Team Lead Responsibilities include:
· Supervise and/or participating in the design and implementation of performance testing tools and scripts
· Planning, defining, executing, and analyzing high-level performance testing strategies and solutions through business, functional and technical expertise
· Supervising the maintenance, repair and tuning of applications; directing user support activities; managing preventive maintenance activities
· Assisting in determining resource status and needs, and assisting in deploying resources
· Minimum 3 years of system Performance Testing experiencee
· Minimum 1 year experience with any of the following testing toolsets: HP Loadrunner, HP Performance Center, HP QualityCenter, HP QTP, IBM Rational Suite (ClearQuest, ClearCase, Performance Tester, Robot, Functional Tester), Unit Test Tools (J Unit), CA (Wily Introscope)
· Minimum of a Bachelor Degree
· Knowledgeable in Automated Testing, Performance Testing, and Problem Management methodologies
· Understanding of complex architectures and derivation of key performance indicators for performance tests
· Knowledge of C++, VB, and /or Java
· Ability to analyze and trend performance and reliability of enterprise applications in production-like configuration and articulate test result impacts with stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to conduct quality assurance assessments according to a documented methodology
· Experience in full software development life cycle
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
Professional Skill Requirements:
· Ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
· Ability to interact with internal management team and external client contacts using strong leadership and communication skills
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Desire to work in an information systems environment
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills