BAO IM CoC - Big Data - Big Insights Consultant - Cincinnati
- Cincinnati, OH
One of FTR's Client's is searching for a BAO IM CoC - Big Data - Big Insights Consultant
With over 30 years of experience FTR has the background to provide all your Staffing and Recruiting Needs. Whether you are looking for Contract/Temporary Professionals to provide expertise for a project, or just to get you through a busy time, or you need Permanent/Direct Placement personnel FTR can assist.
This is for a technical consulting position in the world-wide BAO Center of Competency.
Big Data Big Insights Consultants are responsible for successful delivery of industry specific BAO technology initiatives. This individual will provide hands-on technical assistance working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams as well as participate in Solution Designs and manage client relationships within the context of this role.
Qualified candidates will have -
- Experience in architecting and implementing systems that can handle large datasets in parallel on massive clusters;
- They will have experience with Big Data Tools such as BigInsights, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR.
- They will have strong foundational knowledge and experience with a range of big data components such as HDFS, HBase, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Avro, Zookeeper, Sqoop and Flume.
- They will be expert on distributed computing design patterns such as MapReduce and knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores).
- They will have hands-on experience with "productionalizing" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning).
- They will have previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data) with a broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics , data modeling and data management , analytical tools, languages or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R , Mahout).
- They will have knowledge and application of full text search engine library like Apache Lucene and knowledge of JAQL with exposure to Natural Language Processing
This position requires extensive global travel.
The BAO Information Management CoC is a team of 100 resources who support GBS BAO engagements worldwide.
It is also expected that newly hired resources into the Global Business Services U.S. practice live within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles) of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Hartford, CT; Houston, TX; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York City, NY and surrounding area; Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; and Washington, DC.
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. our client's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables our client's Global Business Services to help position their clients for the future. They leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join our client, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like our client can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years experience in architecting and implementing systems that can handle large datasets in parallel on massive clusterdata modeling using modeling tools
- At least 4 years experience in BI full lifecycle engagements
- At least 3 years experience in distributed computing design patterns such as MapReduce and knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores).
- At least 2 years experience in technical consulting
- Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Fluent
- At least 3 years experience in architecting and implementing systems that can handle large datasets in parallel on massive clusterdata modeling using modeling tools
- At least 6 years experience in BI full lifecycle engagements
- At least 4 years experience in distributed computing design patterns such as MapReduce and knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores).
- At least 3 years experience in technical consulting
Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.