Advanced Systems & Technology (AS&T) professionals are responsible for delivering technology innovation and providing the backbone of our systems integration business. As an AS&T architect, you can have a primary skill focus on translating a business need into a robust and integrated technology solution. AS&T professionals are skilled in highly prescriptive delivery approaches and methods, and the supporting development and run-time environments required to design, build and deploy custom application solutions.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Interface with client to design and develop technical architecture for client's portal site
· Manage large projects including budgets, forecasts, and resources
· Work with Portal vendors in developing client solutions
· Present ideas, suggestions and deliverables to senior level executives
· Minimum of 1 year of experience with the design, development and implementation of Portal solutions using one of the following: IBM WebSphere Portal, Oracle WebCenter Portal, Liferay, or Opentext
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
· Implementation experience and knowledge of the Portal design, best practices and patterns
· Software development life cycle - Driving and supervising technology build, test and deployment activities
· Detailed knowledge Portal vendors and their positioning in the enterprise portal space
· Demonstrable knowledge of application architectures including frameworks and design patterns
· Experience integrating with content management technologies
· Experience using off-shore delivery teams
· Experience presenting ideas, suggestions and deliverables to senior level executives
· Formal consulting experience
Professional Skill Requirements:
· Provide leadership to the team, and establishing client trust.
· Being recognized as an expert on one or more technology vendors/products/areas.
· Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills