Information Management (IM) professionals are focused on collecting and analyzing internal and external data to generate knowledge and value for the organization, including business process decision support at the strategic, tactical and operational levels. The IM Practice seeks to empower organizations to leverage and transform data for achieving innovative results. The Business Intelligence Consultant will have experience working with data warehouses and/or data marts and Business Intelligence concepts, tools and technologies.
Responsibilities include the following:
Creating functional requirements as input to application design.
Developing and testing detailed functional designs for Business Intelligence solutions.
Using technical expertise to ensure functional requirements are met.
Supervising application build, test, and deploy activities.
Only completed applications can be considered.
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or closely related computer science field.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Java programming
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with "productionalizing" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- 3+ years previous experience extracting data from high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
Experience with data mining techniques and practices (filtering, classification) and analytics functions (over, median, rank)
Understands the principles of experimental testing and design, including population selection and sampling
Deep insights into statistical data model development self learning models
Familiar with machine learning and/or data mining algorithms like Mahout, Bayesian and Clustering
Experience working with very large data sets, grouping together data and visualizing results
Experience with generating business value from various dis jointed datasets using Analytics techniques like Graph/Relationship Analysis, Correlation Detection, Text Analytics, Cross Channel Analytics, Time Series Analysis etc.
Ideally a masters degree or higher in mathematics
Prefer industry / domain expertise for data being mined
Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
Hands-on experience with "productionalizing" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
Previous experience extracting data from high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
Professional Skills Requirements:
Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
Must be proactive and be prepared to address meetings
Must show initiative and desire to learn business subjects
Able to work independently and provide updates to management
Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
Professional Skill Requirements:
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Desire to work in an information systems environment
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Excellent leadership and management skills
· Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
· Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian