Job Description - Performance Engineer- JAVA Consultant
Technology Consulting professionals are responsible for delivering technology innovation and providing the backbone of our systems integration business. Performance Architects lead the planning, execution, analysis, and tuning efforts to deliver high-performing systems.
Key Responsibilities may include:
Performance Architects design, deliver, and optimize high-performing systems. They contribute to all aspects of the delivery lifecycle in performance prototyping, capacity modeling, performance driven design, profiling, performance testing, availability management, and troubleshooting. A Performance Architect provides architecture and application design and development guidance that ensures scalability and minimizes performance issues. The performance architect is comfortable operating on highly visible assignments, can dive deep into designs, application code, and frameworks, and ultimately provide clear insight and direction to business and IT stakeholders. A Performance Architect utilizes diagnostic and monitoring tools to detect, isolate, and resolve performance issues throughout the technology stack. Ability to travel 100% to client site on weekly basis.
· Minimum of 3 years Hands-on J2EE or .NET design and development of highly scalable applications or architecture frameworks.
· 2+ years of hands on experience with performance tuning and diagnostic
· 3+ years of experience with Technology Architecture (Mainframe, Client Server and Web), Project Planning and Estimating, Systems Analysis and Assessment; Project Management
· Minimum of a Bachelor Degree
· Ability to travel 100% to our client client locations
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Resource usage monitoring for physical servers, application servers, or databases.
· Experience with planning and managing any of the following teams: performance diagnostic, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, performance monitoring, or software development team.
· Ability to distill volumes of data, analyze performance results, and diagnose performance problems.
· Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders.
· Performance monitoring and integrated operational processes.
· Performance test planning, setup, and execution
· Performance test scripting and test data management
· Capacity estimating, modeling, or planning
· Application and architecture code profiling.
· Infrastructure and application performance tuning
· Application development, bug fixes, and refactoring with hands-on language experience
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or Life Science
Professional Skill Requirements:
· Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Desire to work in an information systems environment
· Very good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
eadership in professional setting; either military or civilian