Founded in the 1930’s, Fairway Market is one-stop shopping at its best. From the everyday brands you know and love to the exotic foods no one else has. Fairway Market is one of the highest grossing retailers per square ft. in the United States. At the moment we have 12 locations and are constantly expanding (as we look to open 3-4 stores a year for the next 5-6 years). The company currently has stores in the Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Fairway provides excellent opportunities in kosher, organic, specialty and traditional groceries. Our stores consist of multiple departments which include but are not limited to the Front End, Bakery, Deli, Organics, Vitamin, Seafood, Receiving, Cheese, Meat, Kitchen, Coffee, Dairy and more.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide excellent, friendly, upbeat customer service while preparing and serving a wide variety of food products, to clean and organize the deli counter area, and complete shift duties.
- Prepare and serve menu items according to portion guidelines.
- Properly set up deli products/items such as cheeses, meats, breads, condiments, sauces, napkins, and wrap paper.
- Prepape hot and cold sandwhiches at the customer's request.
- display excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensure cleanliness of toasters, deli counter, counter sink, and more.
- Develop a work pace sufficient to handle heavy rushes.
- Ensure that all product is in sellable condition and meets quality standards, making sure all unsellable items are disposed of.
- Ensure that all deli cases are stocked and merchandised nicely (bakery, full serve, self serve).
- Fulfill all shift duties.
- Maintain deli and food storage areas in sanitary, orderly condition meeting Health Department standards.
- Comply with Health Department Regulations.
- Willingness to increase product knowledge over time.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Deli Team managers, shift leads, or Floor Managers.
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Communicates openly and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Communicates respectfully at all times.
- Does not expose customers to internal disagreements.
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Communicates needs promptly and efficiently.
- Participates actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Stays informed by reading all communications from the General Manager, managers, HR, and in department log books
- Reports for scheduled shifts, on-time and ready to work.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and procedures.
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
- Accepts direction willingly and follows through with delegated tasks.
- Learns and adapts to new tasks or situations quickly and cooperatively.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Takes initiative to identify, report and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Operates with a sense of teamwork; incorporates into daily job.
- Provides a positive model for co-workers.
Quality of Work:
- Understands technical requirements of job, applies technical knowledge consistently.
- Performs tasks accurately and efficiently, free from errors.
- Performs all tasks according to department procedure.
Quantity of Work:
- Performs tasks consistently at an acceptable rate as outlined by department supervisor.
- Organizes tasks efficiently, maintains focus and stays productive.
- Achieves established goals and expected results for the department.
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations.
- Obtains and maintains any necessary licenses.
- Wears protective clothing as required for position.
- Knows and adheres to Wheatsville's expectations for external and internal customer service as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Offer product samples and suggestions for purchase and preparation in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Recognize and act on opportunities to make a customer's day or to make it right for customers with com
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness with efficiency, and maintain focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous food service experience.
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.