- Kings, NY
Founded in the 1930’s, Fairway Market is one-stop shopping at its best. From the everyday brands you know and love to the exotic foods no one else has. Fairway Market is one of the highest grossing retailers per square ft. in the United States. At the moment we have 12 locations and are constantly expanding (as we look to open 3-4 stores a year for the next 5-6 years). The company currently has stores in the Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Fairway provides excellent opportunities in kosher, organic, specialty and traditional groceries. Our stores consist of multiple departments which include but are not limited to the Front End, Bakery, Deli, Organics, Vitamin, Seafood, Receiving, Cheese, Meat, Kitchen, Coffee, Dairy and more.
To give excellent, friendly, upbeat customer service while preparing and serving a wide variety of Deli products. To monitor, clean and organize the Deli Area, and complete shift duties. Also Deli Manager must insure product availability, adhere to merchandising guidelines, receive department loads. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department.
- Serve customers efficiently through knowledge of deli products and varieties, as well as product location.
- Insure product availability, and make sure items are properly priced in a timely manner.
- Receive loads while keeping an eye out for freshness and conditions of products.
- Keep department and equipment clean at all times, following company and department sanitation guidelines.
- Maintain proper temperature and humidity levels for deli products.
- Properly prepare orders that are to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy in regards to receiving orders and stocking items .
- Counsel employees through constant communication of performance and customer service expectations.
- Communicate with other Department Managers to improve the overall outlook, reputation and profitability of the store in general.
- Set up, organize, and maintain professional item display of products for the customers.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Serve as a role model and lead by example.
- Comply with Health Department Regulations.
- Fulfill all shift duties.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous food service experience.
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives.
- Knowledge of merchandising and pricing.
- Passion for teaching, mentoring, working in a team setting.
- Must have good working knowledge of food quality, hygiene and sanitation, kitchen safety and food presentation.
- Knowledge of food preparation/presentation for a wide variety of food items.
- Use of commercial kitchen equipment, sanitation and safety practices Inventory control procedures.