- New York, NY
Founded in the 1930’s, Fairway Market is one-stop shopping at its best. From the everyday brands you know and love to the exotic foods no one else has. Fairway Market is one of the highest grossing retailers per square ft. in the United States. At the moment we have 12 locations and are constantly expanding (as we look to open 3-4 stores a year for the next 5-6 years). The company currently has stores in the Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Fairway provides excellent opportunities in kosher, organic, specialty and traditional groceries. Our stores consist of multiple departments which include but are not limited to the Front End, Bakery, Deli, Organics, Vitamin, Seafood, Receiving, Cheese, Meat, Kitchen, Coffee, Dairy and more.
o give excellent, friendly, upbeat customer service while preparing and serving a wide variety of Meat products. To monitor, clean and organize the Meat Area, and complete shift duties. Also Meat Manager must insure product availability, adhere to merchandising guidelines, receive department loads. In addition Manager must also hire, train, discipline, schedule, and maintain reports for those working under him/her. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department.
- Interview, hire, train, schedule, discipline (if needed) staff in Meat Department.
- Serve customers efficiently through knowledge of grocery products and varieties, as well as product location.
- Insure product availability, and make sure items are properly priced in a timely manner.
- Receive loads while keeping an eye out for freshness and conditions of products.
- Keep department and equipment clean at all times, following company and department sanitation guidelines.
- Make sure meats are being properly cut into accurate sizes, shapes, measures.
- Maintain proper temperature and humidity levels for meat products.
- Properly prepare orders that are to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy in regards to receiving orders and stocking items .
- Counsel employees through constant communication of performance and customer service expectations.
- Communicate with other Department Managers to improve the overall outlook, reputation and profitability of the store in general.
- Set up, organize, and maintain professional item display of products for the customers.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Serve as a role model and lead by example.
- Comply with Health Department Regulations.
- Fulfill all shift duties.
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Communicates openly and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Communicates respectfully at all times.
- Does not expose customers to internal disagreements.
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Communicates needs promptly and efficiently.
- Participates actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Stays informed by reading all communications from the General Manager, managers, HR, and in department log books
- Reports for scheduled shifts, on-time and ready to work.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and procedures.
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
- Accepts direction willingly and follows through with delegated tasks.
- Learns and adapts to new tasks or situations quickly and cooperatively.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Takes initiative to identify, report and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Operates with a sense of teamwork; incorporates into daily job.
- Provides a positive model for co-workers.
Quality of Work:
- Understands technical requirements of job, applies technical knowledge consistently.
- Performs tasks accurately and efficiently, free from errors.
- Performs all tasks according to department procedure.
Quantity of Work:
- Performs tasks consistently at an acceptable rate as outlined by department supervisor.
- Organizes tasks efficiently, maintains focus and stays productive.
- Achieves established goals and expected results for the department.
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations.
- Obtains and maintains any necessary licenses.
- Wears protective clothing as required for position.
- Knows and adheres to Fairway's expectations for external and internal customer service as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Offer product samples and suggestions for purchase and preparation in a friendly, courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English]. Ability to write simple correspondence [in English]. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization who only speak English.
- Must have basic math skills which include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment .
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness with efficiency, and maintain focus.
- Must have a flexible work schedule.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous food service experience.
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of meat products.
- Knowledge of merchandising and pricing.
- Passion for teaching, mentoring, working in a team setting.
- Must have good working knowledge of food quality, hygiene and sanitation, kitchen safety and food presentation.
- Knowledge of food preparation/presentation for a wide variety of food items.
- Use of commercial kitchen equipment, sanitation and safety practices Inventory control procedures.