VMware ESX System Administrator
- New York, NY
Founded in the 1930’s, Fairway Market is one-stop shopping at its best. From the everyday brands you know and love to the exotic foods no one else has. Fairway Market is one of the highest grossing retailers per square ft. in the United States. At the moment we have 12 locations and are constantly expanding (as we look to open 3-4 stores a year for the next 5-6 years). The company currently has stores in the Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Fairway provides excellent opportunities in kosher, organic, specialty and traditional groceries. Our stores consist of multiple departments which include but are not limited to the Front End, Bakery, Deli, Organics, Vitamin, Seafood, Receiving, Cheese, Meat, Kitchen, Coffee, Dairy and more.
We are a New York City based regional specialty food store chain renowned for offering the highest quality and largest selection of meat, cheese, fish, produce and specialty items alongside a full complement of traditional grocery items. We have been in business for 70+ years.
We are excited to offer a position for VMware ESX System Administrator to join our IT Networking team. We offer a fast paced dynamic team environment.
This is a multi-facetted role to work within our IT team. You will utilize your skills to manage
implementation, administration, maintenance, and support of VMware ESX and vCenter in a large scale and growing environment. This is a senior role with exposure to Senior IT Management and the business.
- Comprehensive vSphere 4 and 5 implementation, administration, maintenance, and support of VMware ESX and vCenter in large scale environment.
- Comprehensive experience with Physical to Virtual (P2V) and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) migrations.
- Able to apply vCenter, ESX, and Windows patches/upgrades.
- Manage vCenter ESX clusters, including DRS and HA configurations.
- Comprehensive vCenter networking concepts including trunking, VLANs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Vmotion, Service Console, iSCSI, and vCenter vDS.
- Comprehensive storage configuration experience for iSCSI and SAN storage, including boot from SAN, VMFS volumes, and RDM.
- Able to create, deploy, and maintain vCenter VM templates.
- Able plan, coordinate, and communicate with internal and external IT customers.
- Must be able to manage projects from inception to completion.
Familiar with an environment utilizing:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008
- Scripting and process installation
- Jumbo Frames
- Backing up a VMware environment
- Net App SAN’s, HP Left Hand SAN’s and Performance Tuning of SAN’s
- Fiber Channel Experience is a plus
- Team Player ‘can do’ attitude
- Good Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word. PowerPoint is a plus.
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- A desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
College Degree Preferred with Relevant Experience
Relevant Certifications a plus