Cisco Security Engineer
- New York, NY
Founded in the 1930’s, Fairway Market is one-stop shopping at its best. From the everyday brands you know and love to the exotic foods no one else has. Fairway Market is one of the highest grossing retailers per square ft. in the United States. At the moment we have 12 locations and are constantly expanding (as we look to open 3-4 stores a year for the next 5-6 years). The company currently has stores in the Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Fairway provides excellent opportunities in kosher, organic, specialty and traditional groceries. Our stores consist of multiple departments which include but are not limited to the Front End, Bakery, Deli, Organics, Vitamin, Seafood, Receiving, Cheese, Meat, Kitchen, Coffee, Dairy and more.
We are a New York City based regional specialty food store chain renowned for offering the highest quality and largest selection of meat, cheese, fish, produce and specialty items alongside a full complement of traditional grocery items. We have been in business for 70+ years.
We are excited to offer a position for Senior Network Engineer to join our IT Networking team. We offer a fast paced dynamic team environment.
This is a multi-facetted role to work within our IT team. You will utilize your skills to provide IT Solutions from application development to virtualization in a large scale and growing environment. In this position you will:
- Perform network engineering (hardware and software) using Firewall, routers, switches, network security devices, protocol analyzers, TCP/IP, VPN, Frame Relay, and MPLS
- Design, plan, and implement LANs and WANs using the latest technology
Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems related to LANs/WANs
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning
Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade network infrastructures
This is a senior role with exposure to Senior IT Management and the business.
- CCNA Security a Must
- CCNP Security a Plus
- Responsible to provide maintenance and operational support in areas of firewall and network security infrastructure on a daily basis
- Analyze and evaluate technology and network services for current and future network development
- To conduct the technical analysis of Firewalls, network nodes, LAN/WAN communications, switches, and various transmission systems
- To support the network systems in areas of configuration and troubleshooting of network problems
- WAN Technologies: MPLS, Frame Relay, VPN, IPSEC
- Responsible to manage firewall rule sets, virtual networks and secure routing
- To secure configurations of load balancing, SSL/VPN connections, firewalls, and related network security measures
- Solid and demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written)
- Additional expertise in either Cisco Data Center technologies (Nexus ICS and/or Virtualization) or Cisco Security (ASA\VPN.) desired
Must be available to travel to Store Locations as needed.
Familiar with an environment utilizing:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008
- Scripting and process installation
- Jumbo Frames
- Backing up a VMware environment
- Net App SAN’s, HP Left Hand SAN’s and Performance Tuning of SAN’s
- Fiber Channel Experience is a plus
- Team Player ‘can do’ attitude
- Good Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word. PowerPoint is a plus.
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- A desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
College Degree Preferred with Relevant Experience