MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE (NO RECENT TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS) AND MUST ALSO HAVE FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE
• Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability,
damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify
problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to
• Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
• Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
• Ability to handle electric pallet jack.
• Maintain good relationships with vendors.
• Insure that products received are the same amount as products ordered.
• Receive loads while keeping an eye out for freshness and conditions of products.
• Keep department and equipment clean at all times, following company and department sanitation guidelines.
• Ability to read invoices and count items/products correctly.
• Handle tough weather conditions while loading and unloading products.
Communicate with other Department Managers to improve the overall
outlook, reputation and profitability of the store in general.
• Maintain cool composure under stressful and pressure settings.
• Serve as a role model and lead by example.
• Comply with Health Department Regulations.
• Fulfill all shift duties.