- New York, NY
Founded in the 1930’s, Fairway Market is one-stop shopping at its best. From the everyday brands you know and love to the exotic foods no one else has. Fairway Market is one of the highest grossing retailers per square ft. in the United States. At the moment we have 12 locations and are constantly expanding (as we look to open 3-4 stores a year for the next 5-6 years). The company currently has stores in the Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Fairway provides excellent opportunities in kosher, organic, specialty and traditional groceries. Our stores consist of multiple departments which include but are not limited to the Front End, Bakery, Deli, Organics, Vitamin, Seafood, Receiving, Cheese, Meat, Kitchen, Coffee, Dairy and more.
Receiving Clerk must provide excellent, friendly, upbeat customer service while interacting with vendors who are bringing in products to our store as well as department managers, co-workers, and all other staff members. As a Receiving Clerk it is important to have organizational and time management skills. Receivers are responsible for millions of dollars that come through the store on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. To be a Receiver at our store an individual must also have a valid driver's license and forklift experience. If you are aggressive, tough minded and have a passion for receiving please apply.
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE (NO RECENT TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS) AND MUST ALSO HAVE FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE
• Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
• Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
• Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
• Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
• Ability to handle electric pallet jack.
• Maintain good relationships with vendors.
• Insure that products received are the same amount as products ordered.
• Receive loads while keeping an eye out for freshness and conditions of products.
• Keep department and equipment clean at all times, following company and department sanitation guidelines.
• Ability to read invoices and count items/products correctly.
• Handle tough weather conditions while loading and unloading products.
• Communicate with other Department Managers to improve the overall outlook, reputation and profitability of the store in general.
• Maintain cool composure under stressful and pressure settings.
• Serve as a role model and lead by example.
• Comply with Health Department Regulations.
• Fulfill all shift duties.