- 1105 West Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA
Families Firstis Georgia’s leading non-profit family service agency. We assist over 40,000 children, women and families each year, and we have been serving metro Atlanta for 120 years. Our mission is to ensure the success of children in jeopardy by empowering families.
Everything our agency does is about strengthening families—all kinds of families with all kinds of needs. We foster strong communities by delivering empowering and sustainable solutions to children and families—solutions that improve child well-being and family self-sufficiency. Families First accomplishes this by focusing on three impact areas:
- Child & Youth Permanency – to ensure long-term stability and support, we provide adoption, foster care and residential group homes for children whose lives have been disrupted.
- Family Sustainability & Empowerment – we work collaboratively with other organizations to provide self-sufficiency through housing and supportive services for chronically homeless families.
- Healthy Families & Relationships – we offer training and affordable counseling solutions to equip parents and families with critical skills to build healthy and strong relationships.
Families First offers:
- The opportunity to make a direct impact on children and families in jeopardy
- Competitive salary & benefits
- A progressive annual leave policy
If you're looking to work for an agency that respects your professional knowledge and abilities, you should check out Families First current employment opportunities and apply today. Click on a position title to read a full description.
The goal of The Doula Project is to reduce low birth weight births and to decrease the disparity of low birth weight babies between African-American and other women in metro Atlanta. Project Doulas offer support, education, and guidance to women at risk of delivering a low birth weight baby during their pregnancy. Doulas will target low-income women in south DeKalb County; and East Point, College Park and West End areas of Fulton County.
Service delivery/caseload –
- Conduct community outreach to recruit target population.
- Maintain communication and contact with participants as per program protocols.
- Manage a caseload of 20 pregnant women.
- Educate family about prenatal care, stress management, and healthy behaviors during pregnancy.
- Attend and support every client through labor, delivery, and immediate postpartum hours.
- Coordinate and facilitate groups.
Quality Control and Compliance –
- Enter accurate data into two databases within 24 hours of serving a participant.
- Report and document work through presentations, meetings with supervisors, and at educational events.
- Adhere to grant, program, and agency deliverables and policies.
Program Development –
- Identify community resources and health care partners, including Ob-Gyns.
- Support strategies and partnerships to strengthen and enhance the program and services to program participants.
Outcomes-based programming –
- Attend and actively participate in trainings, supervision, and staff meetings to increase knowledge and skills.
- Secure participant input and feedback.
- Support program evaluation and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- DONA Certification and/or completion of HealthConnect One or equivalent training.
- Willingness and ability to travel at night- without security personnel.
- Willingness and ability to travel to low income communities.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- On-call availability 24/7 (except for approved time off).
- Solid written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Bilingual - Spanish-English fluency, a plus.
- Computer proficiency.
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.