Weekend Relief Liaison
- Atlanta, GA
Families First is Georgia’s leading non-profit family service agency. We assist over 40,000 children, women and families each year, and we have been serving metro Atlanta for 120 years. Our mission is to ensure the success of children in jeopardy by empowering families.
Everything our agency does is about strengthening families—all kinds of families with all kinds of needs. We foster strong communities by delivering empowering and sustainable solutions to children and families—solutions that improve child well-being and family self-sufficiency. Families First accomplishes this by focusing on three impact areas:
- Child & Youth Permanency – to ensure long-term stability and support, we provide adoption, foster care and residential group homes for children whose lives have been disrupted.
- Family Sustainability & Empowerment – we work collaboratively with other organizations to provide self-sufficiency through housing and supportive services for chronically homeless families.
- Healthy Families & Relationships – we offer training and affordable counseling solutions to equip parents and families with critical skills to build healthy and strong relationships.
The Weekend Relief Liaison is responsible for assisting the Weaver Garden Staff on an "as-needed" basis for holidays and weekend coverage.
This position is responsible for the supervision of residents and maintaining a clean, safe and hazard free environment at the assigned facilities.
Hours: Friday 6:00pm to Sunday at 6:00pm.
- Work with a household of adolescent teen mothers and their infants
- Accept supervision and follow through with assigned duties
- Submit weekly reports to the Weaver Gardens conference team regarding the daily living tasks of the clients
- Assist in maintaining the orderly operation of the center
- Answer the telephone, record important communications for the social worker and others, facilitate prompt communication if a crisis arises to the social worker and/or program coordinator
- Carry out daily routine household tasks, including general cleaning of the common areas
- Assist staff with transportation of residents using Agency van and recording mileage and destination
- Provide nurture and some child care assistance for mothers during group, counseling, or other necessary times when assigned by the Program Manager
- Complete weekly apartment inspection and or instructions- and record all information related to this process
- Respond appropriately to situations, mindful of cultural differences of Agency clients
- All other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge of child development and crisis intervention is preferred
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.