Parent Educator (Educadora de padres)
- Atlanta, GA
Families First is Georgia’s leading non-profit family service agency. We assist over 37,000 children, women and families each year, and we have been serving metro Atlanta for 122 years. Our mission is to ensure the success of children in jeopardy by empowering families.
Everything our agency does is about strengthening families—all kinds of families with all kinds of needs. We foster strong communities by delivering empowering and sustainable solutions to children and families—solutions that improve child well-being and family self-sufficiency. Families First accomplishes this by focusing on three impact areas:
- Child & Youth Permanency – to ensure long-term stability and support, we provide adoption, foster care and residential group homes for children whose lives have been disrupted.
- Family Sustainability & Empowerment – we work collaboratively with other organizations to provide self-sufficiency through housing and supportive services for chronically homeless families.Healthy
- Families & Relationships – we offer training and affordable counseling solutions to equip parents and families with critical skills to build healthy and strong relationships.
The Parent Educator for School Readiness and Early Learning is accountable for providing Parents as Teacher (PAT), school transition, and/or parent engagement and leadership services for families of children, ages 0 to 5. The goal of the Parent Educator is to ensure school readiness and help families prepare their children to transition into and for pre-K and kindergarten. The Parent Educator is responsible for adhering to the Parents-As-Teachers, United Way Partnerships for Advancing Childhood Education, and Bright From The Start best and promising practice models.
You must speak Spanish to be successful in this role.
- Identify and serve at least 50 children and their families who live in the targeted school zones and communities.
- Assist families in developing School Transition plans and portfolios for each of the families.
- Collect, track and record data and outcomes on children and their families using identified tools.
- Coordinate activities, including outreach, referrals and school transition services with partner early learning programs.
- Assist in identifying additional early learning partners.
- Provide technical assistance and support the targeted Elementary Schools’ school transition team, parent involvement committee and PTA.
- Support resource development to continue PAT, school transition, and parent engagement/leadership work through collecting and compiling success stories, working with volunteers, and reviewing collateral materials, (e.g., brochures); and preparing for, hosting and/or attending site visits.
- Attend PAT and PACE trainings and meetings and participate in evaluation activities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bi-lingual in English, and Spanish.
- High School Diploma
- At least one (1) year of outreach experience in working with families/volunteers in the target community.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Solid English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including but limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and other software packages.
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.