Cooperative Liaison (Group Home Caretaker) As-Needed PRN
- Duluth, GA
Families First is Georgia’s leading non-profit family service agency. We assist over 37,000 children, women and families each year, and we have been serving metro Atlanta for 122 years. Our mission is to ensure the success of children in jeopardy by empowering families.
Everything our agency does is about strengthening families—all kinds of families with all kinds of needs. We foster strong communities by delivering empowering and sustainable solutions to children and families—solutions that improve child well-being and family self-sufficiency. Families First accomplishes this by focusing on three impact areas:
- Child & Youth Permanency – to ensure long-term stability and support, we provide adoption, foster care and residential group homes for children whose lives have been disrupted.
- Family Sustainability & Empowerment – we work collaboratively with other organizations to provide self-sufficiency through housing and supportive services for chronically homeless families.Healthy
- Families & Relationships – we offer training and affordable counseling solutions to equip parents and families with critical skills to build healthy and strong relationships.
This position is on an “as needed” basis. This position will primarily fill in for full time cooperative staff on leave, and will not have a typical schedule or guaranteed weekly hours.
The purpose of the Permanency Cooperative Liaison is to provide room, board, watchful oversight, care, supervision, boundaries, patience, and attention, in a safe environment while assisting the youth in care with their daily living activities in accordance with Families First and State of Georgia licensing requirements. This candidate may fill in for several different home locations.
- Ensure residents are supervised at all times.
- Ensure all logs are completed daily
- Completing daily point level system for each resident each evening.
- Complete a weekly report of the activities and incidents.
- Ensure medication is administered as prescribed by physician.
- Notify Lead/Supervisor of any incident within 4 hours.
- Provide safety and watchful oversight to the residents.
- Ensure that the vehicle’s maintenance log is updated and completed
- Ensure the daily schedule is followed.
- Assist the residents with discussing Independent Living Skills and other Life Skills.
- Completing all daily care activities such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, & laundry
- Providing consistent and safe structure.
- Obtain appointment information and transport residents to and from appointments, school activities, family visits and other necessary activities of daily living.
- Completing the transition log and handing off fully detailed reports to oncoming staff for seamless transition between shifts.
- Managing the cooperative budget and maintaining proper financial records.
- Responsible for having residents care for and clean inside the home and the adjoining property.
- Adhere to all Agency policy and procedure guidelines.
- Complete 24 hours of staff development yearly
- Demonstrate ability to accept supervision and utilize concepts discussed.
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelors Degree; will accept HS Diploma with strong experience in the field
- Current CPR/AED certificate
- Must have a clean driving record
- Previous experience in a group home setting
- Knowledge of child development, charting on daily behavior, crisis intervention training.
- Able to file documentation in the resident record.
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.