Foundation and Corporate Relations Grants Manager
- Atlanta, GA
Families First is Georgia’s leading non-profit family service agency. We assist over 37,000 children, women and families each year, and we have been serving metro Atlanta for 122 years. Our mission is to ensure the success of children in jeopardy by empowering families.
Everything our agency does is about strengthening families—all kinds of families with all kinds of needs. We foster strong communities by delivering empowering and sustainable solutions to children and families—solutions that improve child well-being and family self-sufficiency. Families First accomplishes this by focusing on three impact areas:
- Child & Youth Permanency – to ensure long-term stability and support, we provide adoption, foster care and residential group homes for children whose lives have been disrupted.
- Family Sustainability & Empowerment – we work collaboratively with other organizations to provide self-sufficiency through housing and supportive services for chronically homeless families.Healthy
- Families & Relationships – we offer training and affordable counseling solutions to equip parents and families with critical skills to build healthy and strong relationships.
This position is responsible for management of efforts to secure annual funding from corporations and foundations, including grants and sponsorships for events and other special projects. Responsibilities include research and evaluation of funding prospects, grant development, writing and submission, and ongoing monitoring, reporting and stewardship.
- Plan and coordinate a program of identification, research, solicitation, and stewardship for corporate and foundation grant makers
- Plan, coordinate and write proposals, including research, data collection, budget, grant, and supporting materials, in collaboration with agency program directors
- Work with the Chief Development Officer and program directors to identify Agency priorities, needs and new program ideas to pursue through grant development
- Maintain database of funding opportunities and sources and keep current information on proposal and reporting deadlines and grant application guidelines
- Draft routine and complex correspondence to corporate and foundation staff, including acknowledgements and letters of inquiry
- Develop proposal budgets in coordination with agency Chief Financial Officer and program staff
- Partner with Government Grants and Contracts Manager to lead monthly strategy meeting in coordination with Chief Development Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and CFO, with input from the leadership team as needed.
- Partner with Government Grants and Contracts Manager on annual United Way grant submission process in coordination with agency program staff, and CQI and Compliance Manager
- Coordinate site visits related to grant submissions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college
- 3-5 years of successful grant writing experience for non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of local corporate and foundation community; regional and national knowledge a plus
- Experience in and/or knowledge of human service programs and issues such as homelessness, mental health, supportive housing, foster care and adoption preferred
- Ability to function independently and in concert with other staff, board members and volunteers
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management experience working with internal and external constituents
- Creative, out of the box thinker
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite; online grant applications; database management (Raiser’s Edge a plus)
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.