BI SDE Oracle
- Seattle, WA
Our client is a mobile analytics and application company is seeking a motivated and energetic professional to serve as a developer in our Business Intelligence group. One major objective of the Business Intelligence group is taking huge amounts of multi-source data collected across a number of our products and the products of our clients and synthesizing it into useful reports for internal and external customers. We use both traditional Oracle based RDBMS along with common storage methods as well as newer “big data” frameworks like Hadoop. The primary objective of this role is to aid the team in the transformation of raw data into consumable and useful information. This role will include interfacing with other members of the BI team as well as members of the QA and Engineering teams.
· Write, review and deploy ETL processes in test, Q/A and production.
· Manage database objects including partitioned tables, indexes, views, constraints, db links, and scheduled jobs.
· Develop monitoring processes (capacity, performance, consistency) to assure processing issues are identified and resolved swiftly.
· Shell scripting to maintain ETL and DBA batch jobs.
· Maintain current database schema documentation and utilize source code control.
· Assure key database performance and capacity metrics remain healthy with adequate excess capacity.
· Provide troubleshooting expertise, identify and resolve performance issues including tuning processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in CS
· 2+ years Linux/Unix shell scripting required (**)
· Oracle 10g experience required (**)
· 2+ years of experience in database programming including:
- Stored procedures
- Performance optimization and tuning
- MicroStrategy experience a Plus
· ETL experience required (**)
· Familiarity with Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive and Pig a plus
· Experience writing PL/SQL and using SQLLDR a plus
Areas delineated with (**) are the three main required skills.
Contract position in Seattle, WA