- Farmington, MI
Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the country's is one of the nation's largest insurance companies and provides a wide range of insurance and financial services products. Farmers operates primarily in 41 states across the country through the efforts of over 20,000 employees. Our training program is ranked as the best corporate training program in the industry, and the 4th overall in the world, as named by Training Magazine in. In fact, the Farmers training program and Farmers University will be inducted into the prestigious Training 125 Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Core job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to secure appointments for agent/Producer follow up
- Obtain prospect information such as name, address, and payment method, and current insurance and risk information
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals
- Telephone or write letters in response to correspondence from customers, or to follow up on initial sales contacts
- Maintain records of contacts and activity
- Schedule appointments for agent/Producer to meet with prospective customers
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that persuade potential prospects to meet with agent/Producer with the intent to purchase insurance products
- Perform other duties as assigned
Communication: Has acceptable verbal communication skills
Teamwork: Accepts feedback when offered, and works well with others
Business Results: Has ability to meet individual performance, metrics, and goals
Drive and Productivity: Is able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities; and respond to situations as they arise without supervision
Innovation: Accepts innovation and improvement recommendations
Four-year college degree highly preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous customer service experience highly preferred. Ideal candidate will have basic PC skills, basic math skills, strong analytical capability, conflict resolution skills, bilingual capabilities (if applicable to the area) and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This position may require having the flexibility to work nonstandard hours/shifts, and have the ability to adhere to a structured schedule.