Insurance Agent - Best Training in Industry
- Northville, MI
Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the country's is one of the nation’s largest insurance companies and provides a wide range of insurance and financial services products. Farmers operates primarily in 41 states across the country through the efforts of over 20,000 employees. Our training program is ranked as the best corporate training program in the industry, and the 4th overall in the world, as named by Training Magazine. In fact, the Farmers training program and Farmers University will be inducted into the prestigious Training 125 Hall of Fame in 2014.
Key Job Duties
The primary responsibility of the position is to drive and grow new business revenue. You'll manage client relationships to ensure that your clients' needs and requirements are met. This will require you to serve as their advocate within Farmers to provide them with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and options. Other exciting and fulfilling responsibilities include:
- Developing base for long-term sources of clients by using our proven marketing systems, referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Determining clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Developing a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Enhancing agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Looking for opportunities to develop monetizable solutions for clients, and insuring clients receive superior customer service
- Staying abreast of the most current products and services offered by Farmers as well as industry regulations and news
Perks We Offer
We understand that excellent representatives need excellent rewards, so our company is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
- Financial support program that promotes stability and security while you are growing your career
- Flexible training program that is complimentary to your current work and/or personal schedule
- Work/life balance that allows you to enjoy the things you love doing most while making a positive impact in the community.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance plans available
- Retirement plan options
- Career security and stability – our company has been flourishing for over 85 years
- Initial and ongoing training and support – our company offers a top rated and award winning training program that addresses the personal growth needs in different stages of your career
- Exciting bonuses, awards/recognition, and trips
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- No prior sales experience is needed; however, we do look for candidates who have proven track records of success in school/academics, employment, and/or extracurricular activities and have an interest in sales and/or cultivating long lasting relationships in the community
- Previous sales experience is a plus
- Goal-oriented, and thrives in a reward-based atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as positive interpersonal skills
- Optimistic attitude demonstrating positivity, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and exceptional work ethic.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to submit to a motor vehicle, financial, and criminal background check
- Has reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Conducts themselves with the utmost professionalism and represents the company in a positive light
- Ethical in dealings with clients, co-workers, and members of the community.
This is a SALES oriented position.