SQL Server Developer/ DBA
- Jersey City, NJ
Federal Hill Consulting (FHC) is a Woman Owned Small Business located in a HUBZone providing IT Consulting and Staffing Solutions to private and public sector organizations. FHC was built around the core values of People, Service and Commitment. We provide exceptionally skilled and qualified IT professionals. We pledge to provide first-class service beyond expectations. We are fully committed to helping our clients and employees achieve their goals. Your success is our success!
Federal Hill Consulting is hiring SQL Server Developer/ DBA for an exciting opportunity in Jersey City, NJ.
The Support Team is responsible for the provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production and test systems to the dealers, sales staff and internal users. The DBA team forms a key component of this team, overseeing all SQL Servers across all environments; in addition it plays a key role in the design and development of database schema and code and the definition of company-wide standards in this area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of new trading instruments and instrument types as new products are released
- Development of database code to support new application features and trading system enhancements
- Working with development teams to incorporate database changes required for release rollouts.
- Monitoring database performance, identifying bottlenecks, and proposing ways to optimize performance.
- Maintenance of existing trading instruments, and managing updates to their underlying data.
- Installation of new servers, and upgrade of existing servers with regard to service packs and new versions.
- Managing data backup and restores required for disaster recovery.
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensuring compliance with company security procedures.
- Able to demonstrate experience of adding a range of enhancements to an existing large system in a manner which minimizes risk to a production environment, but maximizes the speed of development and quality.
- To be able to demonstrate experience of supporting an existing high transactional volume system to very high levels of availability.
- Experience with financial systems and especially trading systems.
- 4-6 years DBA experience is essential using Microsoft SQL Server (2005/2008).
- Strong T-SQL development skills; in the form of complex stored procedure maintenance and development
- Experience analyzing database performance and query optimization.
- Experience with transactional and merge replication.
- Experience using Quest Software’s range of products.
- Four year degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience of financial systems and especially trading systems.
- Experience using Quest Software’s range of products
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.