Federal Hill Consulting is hiring SQL Server Developer/ DBA for an exciting opportunity in Jersey City, NJ.
The Support Team is responsible for the provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production and test systems to the dealers, sales staff and internal users. The DBA team forms a key component of this team, overseeing all SQL Servers across all environments; in addition it plays a key role in the design and development of database schema and code and the definition of company-wide standards in this area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of new trading instruments and instrument types as new products are released
- Development of database code to support new application features and trading system enhancements
- Working with development teams to incorporate database changes required for release rollouts.
- Monitoring database performance, identifying bottlenecks, and proposing ways to optimize performance.
- Maintenance of existing trading instruments, and managing updates to their underlying data.
- Installation of new servers, and upgrade of existing servers with regard to service packs and new versions.
- Managing data backup and restores required for disaster recovery.
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensuring compliance with company security procedures.