- Jersey City, NJ
Federal Hill Consulting (FHC) is a Woman Owned Small Business located in a HUBZone providing IT Consulting and Staffing Solutions to private and public sector organizations. FHC was built around the core values of People, Service and Commitment. We provide exceptionally skilled and qualified IT professionals. We pledge to provide first-class service beyond expectations. We are fully committed to helping our clients and employees achieve their goals. Your success is our success!
Federal Hill Consulting is hiring C++ Support Developer for an exciting opportunity in Jersey City, NJ.
Description of position:
Mid-level support team member, working as part of a global team to support, and maintain a 22-hour trading system. Candidate should have 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry. Requires full understanding of the system architecture, applying/suggesting bug fixes, developing new tools for system monitoring and reporting, and working with the internal business to identify and resolve issues. The role offers end-to-end understanding of a complex online bond trading platform. They will get to know the architecture inside out.
Responsibilities will include:
- The development of system instrumentation and monitoring tools.
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Experience supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
- As this is a support role, ideal candidate should prefer working on an existing system as opposed to developing from scratch.
- In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
- Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
- In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including occasional weekend duties.
- Four year degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3 or more years of object oriented development experience (ideally Microsoft visual C++)
- Relational Database experience
In addition, you should have:
- A structured, methodical approach.
- A delivery-focused attitude.
- The ability to work within a team environment – be a team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Fixed income market knowledge would be a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.