Senior Applications Developer
- Cleveland, OH
The Senior Applications Developer position is responsible for design, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This is considered an experienced developer position and requires technical skills and expertise in Oracle, .NET/C# and web technologies. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor.
Strategy & Planning
• Provide input and direction to solutions for client requirements.
• Identify and implement both technical and process improvements and solutions.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for large-sized development projects.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Handle project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Train and share knowledge with development teams.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• 2-5 years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Proven ability to work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• 2-5 years of experience with Rich Internet Application development.
• 2-5 years of experience in designing and developing web services, preferably with WCF.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Relational Database design and development, Oracle preferred.
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience with object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Requires good leadership skills.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Jim Replogle @216-854-3777