Regional Project Manager (Based in Haiti)
- Birmingham, AL
*We are working alongside Vapor Ministries to find candidates currently based in the U.S. that are interested in moving to Haiti to work with their team long-term. Vapor provides compensation and benefits and this opportunity is not a support raising role. We are seeking to find candidates skilled in project management that also have a heart to further the Gospel oversees through their work.
The Regional Project Manager will lead out to ensure effective physical development and maintenance of all Vapor physical assets in the region. This will include oversight of all capital projects within the region. This individual will work with individuals, teams, and contractors to ensure that project efficiency and effectiveness is optimized within the context that Vapor operates. This individual will be responsible for the full scope of the project which includes estimating, costing, and subcontracting.
- Provide effective leadership to capital projects and grounds team members
- Provide direct oversight to Field Construction Superintendent(s) and Field Engineer(s), ensuring each is provided with adequate training, direction, development opportunities and performance feedback.
- Provide functional support and technical direction to all Grounds Coordinators to ensure all facilities and properties are well maintained.
- Ensure the successful completion of all capital projects in the region.
- Oversee project design.
- Fully scope and estimate projects.
- Ensure capability and experience of potential contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
- This person must be able to build relationships in the community with key leaders, vendors, subcontractors, and contractors.
- Write project contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Report accurate project costs.
- Building Science or Engineering degree with 2+ years of residential or light commercial construction experience. Candidate must have experience leading projects from start to finish versus being an assistant.
- Mentality and heart to work in a developing country.
- Must have adequate skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Cross-cultural experience preferred (but not required) and a strong desire to live cross-culturally.
- Understanding of French language would be a major plus. Candidate must be able to learn the language upon arrival in Haiti.
- Must be able to successfully live in and bridge two or more cultures simultaneously - cultures where centers exist and culture where headquarters exists.
- Love Jesus and love the poor
- Must be spiritually mature.
- Must buy completely in to Vapor’s vision and mission and embody Vapor’s values.
- Must think and act like an owner.
- Must enjoy being a part of and leading a team. We want to work hard together and play hard together.
- Problem-solving ability is an absolute must