Patient Service Representative 26132
- Brandon, MS
We assist in enrollment and billing services, while helping patients get the medical coverage, financial assistance and social services benefits they need.
Screens patients on-site at hospitals for eligibility assistance programs either bedside or in the ER. Provides information and reports to client contact(s), keeping them current on our progress.
Schedules 1.) Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
2.) Saturday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11pm
When applying please specify the schedule you are interested in.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviews the hospital census to identify self-pay patients on a daily basis
- Screens those patients who are in-house and are designated self-pay for state, county and/or Federal eligibility assistance programs
- Begins the application process when possible
- Identifies specific patient needs and direct them to the appropriate agency for assistance
- Introduces the patients to Firstsource’s services and inform them that we will be contacting them on a regular basis about their progress
- Provides transition for the Patient Account Representatives to develop a positive relationship with the patient
- Legibly records all patient information on the designated in house screening sheet
- Documents the results of the screening in the hospital computer system
- Informs the designated hospital employee(s) of the availability of assistance for each patient in a timely manner
- Identifies out-patient accounts from the census that are designated as self-pay
- Prints a ledger for each outpatient account identified as self-pay.
- Makes an attempt to reach the patient by telephone
- Outside field work as required
- Documents out-patient accounts when accepted in the hospital system
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Experience with medical assistance programs is desirable
- Social service background or education is preferred
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to walk, sit, and stand for extended periods of time
- Dress code and other policies may be different at each facility
- Working on holidays or odd hours may be required at times
- Must have updated verifiable references for the last 7 years