Floater - 26768
- Pryor Creek, OK
Hours and days will vary. Areas to include cities of Pryor, Blackwell, Clinton, Madill, Durant, & Seminole
The Floater is responsible to screen patients on-site at hospitals for eligibility assistance programs. They travel within an assigned region to cover for representatives who are ill, on vacation, on leave or out of the office for any reason.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides information and reports to our client contact(s) to keep them up-to-date on our progress. .
- Begins the application process when possible.
- Identifies specific needs and directs the patients to the appropriate agency for assistance.
- Introduces patients to Firstsource’s services and informs them that we will be contacting them on a regular basis.
- Lay the groundwork for the Patient Account Representatives to develop a positive relationship with patients.
- Records all patient information on the designated in house screening sheet.
- Document the results of the screening in the hospital computer system.
- Outside field work as required
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the hospital staff of all levels and departments.
- Access information for the patient account representatives as needed (discharge dates, balances, itemized statements, medical records, etc.).
- Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
- Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Experience with medical assistance programs is desirable
- Local travel required
- Must be willing to drive your own car and have a valid driver’s license
- Basic personal computer skills are required
- Ability to stay on task with little or no supervision
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment
- Reliability of task completion and follow-up
- CallCenter environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.