- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We are seeking a highly motivated Controller to join our Finance department in a fast-growing, dynamic and professional environment. This position is responsible for overall day-to-day management of the accounting department, which includes financial reporting, financial information systems, accounts payable, payroll, treasury, tax, fixed assets, and for ensuring proper internal controls are maintained. This position reports to the Vice President - Finance.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic oversight on accounting operations and financial systems
- Ensure that the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for the annual and quarterly financial statements for inclusion in the Company’s SEC reports
- Lead GAAP compliance for areas of accounting complexity including revenue, leases and R&D contracts
- Coordinate corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns with outside tax accountants; support VP Finance on tax strategy
- Implement and ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Manage annual financial audit
- With VP Finance, manage financial information systems design, implementation, enhancement, monitoring and controls
- Maintain internal controls for key processes and SOX 404(b) compliance
- Support CFO and VP finance in Audit Committee reporting and meeting; run Disclosure Committee
- Optimize and lead monthly close and reporting cycle, including supervision of accounting team
- Oversee financial operations including A/P, billing and A/R
- Partner with procurement to optimize procure-to-pay policies, processes and systems
- Partner with FP&A for internal reporting, R&D accruals and revenue recognition, budgets, forecasts and special projects
- Provide coaching and mentorship to help employees learn and grow in a changing environment
- Oversee day-to-day banking operations and investment management
- Oversee stock administration
- Business support including review of significant company contracts
- 401(k): manage 401(k) audit and annual From 5500 filing
- Partner with R&D, Legal, HR and IT on process evaluation and ongoing improvement projects
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon to make this position a career building experience
- BA/BS degree
- CPA license required
- 15+ years of experience; biotechnology-type industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with a Big Four certified public accounting firm is highly preferred
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company is required, preferably in a SOX 404(b) environment
- Thorough knowledge of SEC rules and regulations, procedures and practices
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions within the organization
- Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail with ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking
- Ability to use critical thinking and good business sense to make good business decisions
- Proven experience on building team and resolving conflicts in a collaborative manner
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.