Corporate Communications Associate
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that is responsible for collaborating with and supporting the Investor Relations and Corporate Communications team to execute the communications strategy. The Communications Associate will contribute to achieving the company’s strategic communications goals during a period of dynamic growth for the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage an active communications calendar including investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, meetings at medical and scientific conferences and bus tours.
- Serve as a company representative and point of contact for media, investors and sell-side analysts.
- Collaborate closely with Human Resources on employee communications initiatives.
- Assist in developing press releases, earnings call scripts, social media postings and other documents for which appropriate messaging is critical.
- Develop, maintain, and update corporate Q&A documents as needed.
- Prepare background information on investors for key spokespeople in advance of meetings.
- Maintain and update corporate website.
- Contribute to IR initiatives through the management of 1x1 schedules for conferences, tracking, and analyses.
- Assist in other IR initiatives to support the execution of Five Prime’s IR program by providing communications support.
- Support strategic, integrated communication with investors including proactively responding to routine shareholder inquiries.
- Help maintain existing shareholder and analyst relationships.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of our IR strategy.
- Manage and coordinate effectively with external vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience working in corporate communications or investor relations; 2+ years of experience working at a biotech/pharmaceutical company or agency preferred.
- Strong professional presentation skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills is highly desired
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts into easily discernable outputs.
- Capacity to develop an understanding of a dynamic, multi-faceted story, involving multiple elements of scientific, financial, commercial, competitive, strategic, and goal-oriented messages.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Great organizational skills; effective at managing priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of sensitivity around material non-public information.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
- Embrace our core values: patient-focus, innovation, collaboration, rigor, vigor and insight.
- Excitement for helping to carry out the vision and mission of Five Prime.
The desired candidate must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative and science-focused environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple nuanced way and with good judgment and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.