Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Clinical
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis is the financial partner to Five Prime’s Chief Medical Officer supporting Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory and Biomarkers/CDx Development groups. This position participates in planning processes and monthly close activities and provides financial information which enables timely and effective decision making to the Clinical organization. This role is also responsible for developing ad hoc analysis and reporting required by the Clinical organization.
- Lead development of the annual plan for Clinical organization.
- Partner with the functions to understand program priorities and objectives.
- Support functions to develop program and functional budget/LRP.
- Actively participate and partner with study managers to help with trial budgets
- Plan, budget and forecast for these departments including trial budgeting efforts
- Provide excel based financial models to help with estimating resources and expenses
- Be entrenched and understand business partner’s operational and strategic project plans as well as associated opportunities and challenges
- Highlight sensitivities & risks and deliver timely, accurate and granular reporting and explanation of performance, linking business drivers to variances in budget/forecast in monthly Budget Variance Analysis exercise
- Ensure accuracy, transparency and efficiency of financial close related responsibilities in coordination with accounting and business partners
- Maintain joint accountability with the Business for the accuracy of forecasts and using good understanding of the business model and financial drivers to challenge and influence key cost drivers
- Identify opportunities to improve business and finance practices and processes; make appropriate recommendation and implement accordingly
- Review purchase requests to determine whether they are within budget. Share responsibilities of correct project and department coding
- Share maintenance of R&D Logic planning tool
- Ad hoc analytical support for CFO and senior leadership
- Other projects as needed
- B.S./B.A. required, MBA preferred, prior experience in biotechnology industry preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience (manager level) operating in FP&A capacity in a rapidly growing environment
- Strong analytical, strategic, problem solving and organizational skills; solid understanding of GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint; Previous experience with Dynamics 365 and R&D Logic preferred
- Clinical Development experience preferred
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.