Software Engineer I
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer to join the Systems Engineering Group at Five Prime Therapeutics. The software engineer will design, build, test, deploy, and support software applications to enable cutting-edge scientific research and drug discovery. He/she will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle to design and create state of the art software applications to support clinical and laboratory data management, large-scale data analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Design, build, maintain software applications and web services using C#/.NET and/or other high-level programming languages.
- Work in cross-functional teams of Bioinformatics, IT, and Lab Automation to ensure data integration and system interoperability.
- Interact with research and clinical scientists to understand scientific data workflows and support data integration, analytics, visualization and reporting.
- Provide user support and customization for other scientific and business applications, both in-house and commercial software (i.e. Spotfire, Electronic Notebook, SharePoint), as needed.
- Contribute to the establishment and adoption of software design best practices and guidelines.
- Continue to innovate by researching and experimenting with cutting-edge technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Chemical Engineering, or a similar discipline with 0-2 years of experience.
- Solid understanding of and experience with object oriented programming (i.e. C#, Java) required.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL queries and object relational mapping.
- Familiarity with software development patterns and practices.
- Effective communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest in working in a R&D environment to help drive scientific innovation and discoveries.
- Intrinsically motivated, with a passion for technology development and innovation.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.