Scientist III/Senior Scientist, Clinical Biomarkers and CDx Development
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated scientist to join a team of translational scientists, pathologists, and other subject matter experts to implement biomarker strategies for our pipeline molecules. The ideal candidate will play an important role in conceptualizing and executing biomarker strategies, using state of the art technologies to analyze biological specimens, in support of ongoing biomarker efforts in clinical and non-clinical programs at FivePrime.
The candidate will be part of a matrix organization that serves preclinical and clinical stage program and will be closely interacting with project teams. The candidate will be responsible for determining predictive correlates of efficacy, mechanism of action and establishing suitable pharmacodynamic markers to help guide the development of new drugs to treat human cancers.
Essential Job Functions:
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with research groups at FivePrime to identify strategies for the development of pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarkers for FivePrime’s therapeutics.
- Oversee the implementation of biomarker strategies for novel immune-oncology molecules in early clinical trials using state of the art protein and molecular assays on tissue and liquid biopsies to support drug development efforts
- Oversee assay development and interpretation for the development of cutting-edge biomarker or companion diagnostic development
- Proficient in implementing new technologies to address key questions about our therapeutic candidates.
- Provide comprehensive decision-enabling reports as needed
- Participate in meetings, discuss and provide feedback to project teams
- Standardize workflow and reports
- Scientist III - Ph.D. with a strong background in immunology or immune-oncology is essential, with 6 years of direct experience in the therapeutic development space.
- Senior Scientist - Ph.D. with a strong background in immunology or immune-oncology is essential, with 8 years of direct experience in the therapeutic development space.
- Prior experience working in the field of translational medicine, biomarker biology or companion diagnostics is essential
- Demonstrable expertise in all aspects of protein and molecular diagnostic development including FACS, IHC, NGS, and PCR.
- Demonstrable experience in development of predictive or pharmacodynamics biomarkers is required.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate he or she has succeeded in taking a hypothesis-driven biomarker assay from concept to validation.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thinking and collaborative work is required.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a small group and excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills are essential.
- A strong track record as demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals is essential
- Self-motivated and capable of demonstrating technical competence.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
- Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.