- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Interim Controller to support our finance team as we assess the optimal support structure to effectively run our day to day operations. This position is responsible for overall day-to-day management of the accounting department, which includes financial reporting, financial information systems, accounts payable, payroll, treasury, tax, fixed assets, and for ensuring proper internal controls are maintained. This position reports to the VP Finance.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic oversight on accounting operations
- Ensure that the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for the annual and quarterly financial statements for inclusion in the Company’s SEC reports
- Support other SEC filings, including proxy statements and registration statements
- Coordinate corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns with outside tax accountants
- Implement and ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Manage annual financial audit
- Maintain internal controls for key processes and SOX compliance
- Manage Disclosure Committee with Legal
- Participate in Audit Committee reporting and meeting
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Oversee financial operations including A/P, billing and A/R
- Partner with FP&A for internal reporting, R&D accruals and revenue recognition, budgets, forecasts and special projects
- Oversee day-to-day banking operations, investment management and other treasury functions
- Oversee payroll and related activities
- Oversee technical accounting
- Oversee stock administration
- Oversee insurance; coordinate with Legal on D&O insurance
- Support financing activities
- Business support including review of significant company contracts
- Provide coaching and mentorship to help employees learn and grow in a changing environment
- Other duties as mutually agreed
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Involvement with financial information systems design, implementation, enhancement, monitoring and controls
- Represent Finance to partner with Legal, HR and IT on process evaluation and ongoing improvement projects
- 401(k): serve as administrator, manage 401(k) audit process and annual From 5500 filing
- BA/BS degree
- CPA license required
- 15+ years of experience; biotechnology-type industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with a Big Four certified public accounting firm is highly preferred
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company is required, preferably in a SOX 404(b) environment
- Thorough knowledge of SEC rules and regulations, procedures and practices
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions within the organization
- Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking
- Ability to use critical thinking and good business sense to make good business decisions
- Proven experience resolving conflicts in a collaborative manner
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.