Senior Manager, Clinical and Collaboration Revenue Accounting
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a strong financial and accounting professional to support our clinical trial accounting and collaboration revenue functions. This position will report to the Controller. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following activities:
- Month-end accounting for collaboration revenue; prepare and send invoices.
- Month-end close and reporting activities, including managing accruals and variance analytics related to clinical studies.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key clinical trial drivers to incorporate into monthly commentaries.
- Develop clinical trial accounting models based upon study contracts and protocols.
- Review monthly financial reports, invoices, and purchase orders from CROs and Central/Specialty labs for accuracy.
- Assist the Clinical Operations team with clinical study related contracts.
- Provide information to Clinical Operations and Finance senior management on contract and finance issues and collaborate with other functions to resolve.
- Act as a liaison between Accounting, Clinical Operations, business development and FP&A as well as with outside vendors during monthly financial reporting.
- Develop an understanding of key performance drivers and issues relating to budget and actual results ensuring key issues, risks and business drivers are understood and highlighted.
- Build clinical trial budgets
- Develop costing models for clinical trials that support future planning for clinical development teams.
- Support quarterly and annual audit requirements with external auditors.
- Coordinate with other accounting staff on accounting clinical trial related activities, including companion diagnostics and clinical labs.
- Train and mentor other accountants and staff on clinical trial and collaboration accounting.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry with knowledge of drug development and clinical trial operations.
- Good business judgement and strong understanding of clinical trial accounting.
- FP&A experience is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures required
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required. ClearTrial knowledge is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Capable of independently managing multiple tasks in a highly deadline driven environment with a high level of precision.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English is required.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.