Executive Assistant to the CFO
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant to support our Chief Financial Officer. The Executive Assistant will have high visibility across the organization as well as external visibility with our Board of Directors, investors, sell-side analysts, outside academic and corporate boards, Scientific Advisory Board and corporate partners. Previous experience supporting a CFO or finance organization in a public company setting is required.
The successful candidate will be expected to proactively manage the administrative responsibilities of the CFO and provide support to the VP, Finance and Investor Relations. This role will coordinate meetings and correspondence with Executive Team Members. Duties include coordination of weekly Team meetings, calendaring, coordination of meetings and travel, facilitating timely communication and correspondence and other activities and projects as assigned.
This position is expected to partner with other administrative staff members in a professional and team-oriented approach, working together to provide backup administrative support for other members of the executive team. The successful candidate must be tech-savvy and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making skills; the ability to think creatively and make sound independent judgments while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing schedules and office time; ensure proper coordination with personal schedules.
- Facilitating timely and professional communication internally and externally.
- Coordinating travel, calendars and itineraries.
- Planning and execution of assigned projects.
- Interfacing with the CFO’s direct reports and other administrative staff members to facilitate both internal and external meetings and materials.
- Organizing and managing meeting support (e.g. materials, room prep, catering, etc).
- Preparing expense reports; screening incoming calls; miscellaneous administrative duties as necessary.
- Develop materials, manage rolling agendas, take notes, and track action items at Executive Team meetings.
- Communication with investor and sell-side analysts, as needed.
- Experience supporting C-level officer required. Experience supporting a CFO in a public life sciences company preferred.
- 15 plus years of administrative experience with at least 5 years as an Executive Assistant to a C-level officer is required.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Must be professional, resourceful, proactive, assertive, high-energy, self-motivated and a proven team player.
- Professional and articulate communication skills; able to seamlessly interact with high-level executive professionals.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while demonstrating a resourceful, positive attitude and a superior work ethic.
- Excellent project management and attention to details; highly organized and able to successfully handle simultaneous priorities.
- A strong sense of personal integrity; able to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information; demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Tech-savvy PC proficient, excellent computer skills and an advanced working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and superior Outlook calendaring skills.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.