Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime seeks an Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications to lead our external Investor strategies as well as manage our external and internal communications. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will lead the development, implementation and management of a comprehensive, investor relations and corporate communications strategy and function and serve as a key point of contact with and spokesperson to investors, analysts, media contacts and other external stakeholders. This role will have significant interaction with Executive Team and leaders in the Clinical, Research, Manufacturing, Business Development, Commercial, Finance and Legal groups at FivePrime. The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of strategy, communications, clinical development, research, business development, operations and financial activities and performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of FivePrime’s investor relations and corporate communications strategy and direct and oversee FivePrime’s investor relations and corporate communications function.
- Develop and evolve over time FivePrime’s investment thesis, story and messaging, including as reflected in press releases, investor and corporate presentations, FivePrime’s website and filings with the SEC.
- Draft press releases, transcripts, conference presentations, Q&A and other key communications materials.
- With the CFO, lead the quarterly earnings call process.
- Manage FivePrime’s calendar of conferences, presentations, NDRs, R&D days, bus tours and other events to maximize the company’s investor relations efforts.
- Manage day-to-day communications with investors, analysts and media.
- Establish and nurture relationships with sell-side analysts to ensure effective and accurate coverage of FivePrime.
- Represent FivePrime to investors and analysts at key meetings and conferences.
- Track and analyze investor base; develop investor targeting strategy to ensure an appropriate mix of institutional investors.
- Assess investor perceptions, including through annual surveys.
- Monitor trading activity, relevant industry data and peer company performance.
- Coach and prepare spokespersons for external-facing meetings and events.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement the company’s publications strategy.
- Develop a social media strategy that effectively integrates with and complements FivePrime’s other investor relations activities.
- Advise Executive Team and Board on investor relations trends and shareholder and analyst sentiments, concerns and dynamics.
- Manage external investor relations and corporate communications consultants and agencies, including public relations firms, investor relations consultants and web design and support firms.
- Partner with Executive Team, Human Resources and Marketing teams to ensure effective and timely internal communications to enhance employee engagement and develop FivePrime’s brand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- At least 15 years of public company biotech or healthcare investor relations and communications experience.
- BA/BS or higher degree in journalism, communications, public relations or business.
- Well versed in filings and compliance with the SEC.
- Keen understanding of capital markets and financing strategies.
- Have a large network of buy- and sell-side contacts.
- Significant experience in communicating with investors and analysts.
- Available to travel, including internationally, approximately 20% of the time.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skill set.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, including strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility of thinking that allows one to juggle multiple priorities and change course in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Sound decision-making capabilities.
- Good organizational skills and ability to keep track of and meet deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.