Senior Manager/Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis - R&D
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
The Sr. Manager/Associate Director is the financial partner to Five Prime’s R&D functions, including Research/Preclinical groups, Clinical groups and MFG Sciences. This position participates in planning processes and monthly close activities and provides financial information which enables timely and effective decision making to the business partners. This role is also responsible for developing ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Lead development of the annual plan for R&D organization.
- Partner with the functions to understand program priorities and objectives.
- Support functions to develop program and functional budget/LRP.
- Actively participate and partner with study managers to help with clinical trial budgets
- Plan, budget and forecast for these departments including trial budgeting efforts
- Provide excel based financial models to help with estimating resources and expenses
- Be entrenched and understand business partner’s operational and strategic project plans as well as associated opportunities and challenges
- Highlight sensitivities & risks and deliver timely, accurate and granular reporting and explanation of performance, linking business drivers to variances in budget/forecast in monthly Budget Variance Analysis exercise
- Ensure accuracy, transparency and efficiency of financial close related responsibilities in coordination with Accounting and business partners
- Maintain joint accountability with the Business for the accuracy of forecasts and using good understanding of the business model and financial drivers to challenge and influence key cost drivers
- Identify opportunities to improve business and finance practices and processes; make appropriate recommendation and implement accordingly
- Review purchase requests to determine whether they are within budget. Share responsibilities of correct project and department coding
- Share maintenance of R&D Logic planning tool
- Ad hoc analytical support for CFO and senior leadership
- Other projects as needed
- B.S./B.A. required, MBA preferred, prior experience in biotechnology industry strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience (sr. manager level) operating in FP&A capacity in a rapidly growing environment
- Strong analytical, strategic, problem solving and organizational skills; solid understanding of GAAP
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines and able to influence without authority
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint; Previous experience with Dynamics 365 and R&D Logic preferred
- Clinical Development experience strongly preferred
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.