Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated person for a project management role. The candidate will be expected to:
- Partner with the Asset Team Leader (ATL) to manage the development and execution of project team strategy and to optimize team effectiveness in achieving program objectives in alignment with budget and timeline
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses and ensure accurate inputs are provided into business planning processes
- Ensure alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners.
- Facilitate core team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure core team activities and decisions are clearly communicated, documented and archived, act as a primary contact for project team related information
- Identify, recommend, and manage the implementation of process and other improvements; whether pertinent to departmental and/or corporate
- Support project sub-teams as needed
Senior PM candidate will be expected to:
- Identify critical project or alliance management issues and communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- Drive complex projects independently
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may act as team leader
- Exhibit strong leadership, communication and presentation skills, able to present to executive leadership
- Able to drive impact assessment for new processes or process changes
- BA/BS degree in science is desired or commensurate experience, advanced degree desired.
- Three to five years multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry for PM, 5-8 years for Sr. PM. Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Proficiency with project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Ability to apply standards, procedures and practices established by Five Prime Project Management department
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build productive internal/external working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way
- Solid time management, communication and presentation skills
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.