Scientist I, Immuno-Oncology Research
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime is seeking an immunologist or cancer immunologist to explore mechanisms of action for our preclinical therapeutic molecules. This position reports to the Senior Scientist within Immuno-Oncology Research.
- Develop in vitro assays and collaborate with the pharmacology group to dissect the mechanism of action for preclinical therapeutic molecules targeted to myeloid and T cell targets.
- Establish and perform signaling assays in engineered and primary cells to guide selection of candidate molecules with the desired pharmacologic properties.
- Design and execute experiments to address key scientific questions and present scientific findings/ results to line management, senior management and other functional business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the other scientists/ project leads on assigned projects.
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with a high level of independence, scientific rigor and curiosity.
- Ph.D.in human immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with at least 4 years of relevant research experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in the fields of immuno-oncology and/or inflammation.
- A research background in human immunology or cancer immunology is required.
- Experience independently developing myeloid cell-based assays, including monocyte differentiation, activation and co-cultures with multiple cell-types is required.
- Experience with flow cytometry, gene expression, cell transfection and IP/WB is required.
- Experience with CRISPR gene editing in primary myeloid cells is highly desired.
- Experience with biochemical assays to evaluate receptor engagement and proximal signaling cascades is highly desired.
- Possess a broad understanding of drug development especially cancer immunotherapy.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-quality work.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.