Senior Research Specialist, Antibody Engineering and Technologies
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Research Specialist with strong expertise in flow cytometry and cell sorting to join the Antibody Engineering and Technologies Group within the Biotherapeutics Department. The successful candidate will manage the FACS core and play a key role in the discovery and development of antibody-based therapeutics in the immuno-oncology field. She/he will support the cell sorting and flow cytometry needs of multi-disciplinary project teams. In addition, he/she will support antibody characterization and implement technology development within the Antibody group. She/he will take a leading role in experimental design, execution, and in communicating results. The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field plus 5 – 10 years relevant experience, preferably in an industry setting. (Level commensurate with experience).
- Expertise in cell sorting utilizing BD FACSAria-III including set-up, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Broad experience with instrument set-up, support, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting on a range of flow cytometers including BD Fortessa and LSR-II
- Experience in design and execution of multicolor, FACS-based screening assays
- In-depth knowledge of FlowJo and FACSDiva
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate scientific data
Desired skills & Experience:
- Spectral flow cytometry experience (theory, panel designs).
- Hands-on with Cytek Aurora analyzer is a plus
- Experience with using ThermoFisher’s Attune NxT cytometer is a plus
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Molecular biology experience in cloning, PCR, and building NGS libraries is a plus
- Good understanding of antibody discovery technologies and/or antibody characterization (e.g. Octet/Biacore) is desirable but not essential
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.