Scientist I, Immuno-Oncology Discovery
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist I to join our team and contribute to the discovery of novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology. This position reports to Associate Director in Immuno-Oncology Discovery.
- Develop complex primary immune cell based assays, execute high-throughput screens using a variety of readout technologies, and evaluate hits for therapeutic potential.
- Contribute to development of new screening technologies and discovery platforms as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Perform laboratory bench work and present scientific findings and project updates to line and/or senior management.
- Collaborate effectively with other scientists/project leads on assigned projects.
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with high level of independence, scientific rigor, and curiosity.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer immunology, or cell biology with 0-2 years of post-doctoral research experience; biopharmaceutical industry experience in the fields of human immunology or cancer immunotherapy is preferred.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, with both primary and immortalized cells, is required.
- Significant expertise with in vitro cell based assays utilizing primary cells is required; experience with immune cells is preferred.
- Experience with relevant technologies (e.g. gene expression, CRISPR, multiplex protein analysis, and flow cytometry) and with high-throughput automated robotic systems is desired.
- Outstanding scientist with demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate in a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.