Scientist I-II, Pharmacology
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
About Five Prime: Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist I/II to join our Pharmacology group. The ideal candidate will be an expert in developing and utilizing in vivo models to interrogate the role of the immune system in onset and progression of disease, including cancer and immune disorders. This position reports to Director, Pharmacology.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and coordinate the execution of in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy and mechanism of action of our existing and emerging novel protein therapeutics.
- Implement new in vivo models to identify and validate novel drug targets.
- Provide support to other scientists in the Pharmacology and IO Research groups to interrogate the mechanisms of action and identify potential biomarkers of response of our therapeutics.
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, immunology, or related discipline with at least 3 years of post-graduate experience
- Experience in oncology and in biotech or pharmaceutical industry are highly desirable
- Hands-on experience developing and utilizing in vivo models of immune disorders, including tissue collection and analyses aimed at measuring changes in immune cell populations, changes in immune cell markers, and changes in disease score relative to immune profile changes.
- Experience with studies involving drug-induced modulation of the immune system in mice, including dose-response, PK/PD relationships, and exploration of drug M.O.A. is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience working with mice including multiple dosing routes and regimens, tissue procurement techniques
- Experience with in vivo models of oncology, including subcutaneous and orthotopic xenografts and syngeneic models is highly desired.
- Expertise in multicolor flow cytometry strongly desired.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and strategies
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional group setting
- Ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.