- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
The Automation Engineer position is an opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art robotics lab and enable high throughput laboratory workflows that automate the discovery and development of novel biologic drugs. See an overview of the Automation Lab here: https://youtu.be/R6FIIF83OXs. The Automation Engineer will work with scientists and research associates to automate complex bio-assays and processes. This engineer will work closely with the data integration team to develop informatics workflows that automate large-scale data analysis and visualization. The Automation Engineer will be trained to be responsible for day-to-day operations in the robotics lab and hold the following functions:
- Operations in the robotics lab
- Work with researchers to develop protocols to conduct biological and bio-chemical experiments on integrated custom-built automation platforms.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory automation equipment such as automated liquid handlers, plate washers, plate readers, imaging equipment, articulated robots, etc.
- Take initiative to improve the quality, efficiency, and robustness of automated processes.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes and protocols in the robotics lab.
- Assist in design and development of new automation systems and components.
- Support data integration activities and workflows
- Work with researchers and the data integration team to automate data capture and analysis.
- Support researchers with data visualization software such as Spotfire.
- Assist the data integration team with developing new informatics tools and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Biomedical Engineering, or a related STEM degree, with 0-2 years of post-graduate experience.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with bio-assays.
- Demonstrate well-developed analytical skills, high scientific rigor, and a problem-solving mindset.
- Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to engage in cross-functional collaboration and teamwork.
- Intrinsically motivated, with a passion for technology development, innovation, and enabling outstanding science.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.