Temporary Contracts Administrator
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime is looking for a highly motivated contracts and records coordinator to support the operations of our Legal Department. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of contract administration matters, as well as our web-based contract management system, Agiloft. They will assist the Legal Department with contract preparation, obtaining budget and other approvals and signatures (including via DocuSign), updating Agiloft contract records, archiving executed contracts, and general management of the contracts database. This person will serve as a resource to the entire FivePrime organization to answer questions about the contract review and management process, including regarding use of Agiloft. They would also perform contract search and reporting activities within Agiloft to support the needs of our Finance and Procurement Departments, and other teams as requested.
- Efficiently process contracts and other documents for approval and signature in accordance with company policies and procedures, including tracking progress of approvals and signatures and following up where appropriate.
- Assist in the management of related workflows, including budget approvals.
- Update contract records to ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
- Maintain the company’s archive of signed documents/contracts in Agiloft.
- Educate our business partners about Legal Department resources and processes.
- Proactively work cross functionally with internal teams, including Finance, Procurement, and Clinical Operations, on contract management requests and reporting needs.
- Respond to requests for copies of signed documents, contract searches and reports.
- Other ad hoc legal operations duties and special projects from time to time.
- 2+ years of experience working in a legal department or law firm managing significant throughput of contracts or other similar documents in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of (or aptitude for quickly learning) a variety of corporate systems (e.g., Skype, SharePoint, Agiloft (contract management)).
- General understanding of contracts and ability to review and update contract records to include, e.g., party names, expiration dates and other contractual obligations and deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good judgment, self-starting with a strong work ethic.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills necessary to efficiently handle large volume of contracts and organize and follow through with tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic office management skills (phones, filing, use of office equipment, etc.).
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.