Vice President, Human Resources
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime is seeking an experienced Vice President, Human Resources, who will be an active member of the Executive Team reporting directly to the CEO. This position will be a key member of the executive team tasked with build an innovative, effective, best-in-class organization. The successful candidate will reimagine FivePrime’s corporate values and lead the HR function with a people first mindset in support of our business strategy and entrepreneurial culture. The HR leader will also interact with and present to the Compensation Committee and Board of Directors as appropriate. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in designing and implementing organizational structures, strategic hiring and selection, organizational and employee professional development, compensation strategy and total rewards programs.
- Partner with the executive team and senior management to align the organizational structure, practices, and communication with the company’s strategy and culture.
- Provide human resources technical advice, knowledge and leadership to others within the human resources group and the overall organization.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to motivate, incentivize and reward employees in a manner that fosters high performance and engagement.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation of FivePrime’s compensation philosophy, including with respect to the allocation of compensation among base salary, bonus and equity compensation and between short-term, long-term and performance-based compensation
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of strategic planning and growth initiatives on attracting, motivating, developing and retaining employees.
- Create and implement programs to enhance organizational and employee development plans, including training programs, performance management systems and reward and recognition tools
- Develop and oversee staffing and recruiting plans and efforts to identify and recruit top talent within and outside the company.
- Develop organizational plans that include organizational structure, job design and personnel forecasting
- Manage and facilitate FivePrime’s goal-setting process; ensure effective management and setting of goals throughout the organization appropriately tied to corporate goals and employee performance
- Identify and help managers foster management practices that lead to outstanding performance for individuals and teams
- Oversee the development of human resources operations, systems and processes that will scale to support the organization as the company continues to grow and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies, procedures and programs for effective management of employees and to ensure compliance with applicable law
- Provide leadership in interactions with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, including by leading the development of agendas and presentation materials in concert with the CEO, coordinating with the Committee’s external compensation consultant, and partnering with the General Counsel and CFO to support analyses for and advice to the Compensation Committee
- Partner with the Legal and Finance functions insure HR processes and systems meet local, state, federal and corporate compliance requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance, and in preparing disclosures in the company’s annual proxy statement, including the Compensation Discussion and Analysis section, and other SEC filings
- An undergraduate degree (advanced degree preferred) and 15+ years HR experience
- Minimum two years experience as the top HR executive in a small to mid-sized company or an independent division of a large company
- Track record of developing and implementing HR programs and initiatives that support strategic objectives within an innovative environment
- Ability to identify and analyze issues and implement effective and/or creative solutions; ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Experience working with all levels of the organization, including the Board of Directors, as well as external stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate group meetings with a proven ability to manage and motivate teams
- Working knowledge of employment, benefits, wage and salary laws and SOX compliance requirements
- Relevant public company experience in biotech (preferred), pharmaceutical or life science industries, ideally with experience with the intersection of executive compensation, corporate governance and investor relations, including regarding the preparation of the Compensation Discussion & Analysis section of proxy statements, “Say-on-Pay” proposals, the impact of compensation philosophies, processes and decisions on corporate governance and the role of proxy advisory firms (e.g. ISS and Glass Lewis)
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.